Norfolk Broads Day Cruisers - Terms and Conditions
Self drive day cruisers are offered for hire by Ferry Marina Ltd (referred to in these conditions as ‘the Company’). Any contract to hire a boat with the Company incorporates the conditions below and is between the Company and you as the Hirer. ‘The Hirer’ includes all members of the party hiring the vessel
All boats offered for hire by the Company are licensed by The Broads Authority and operated in accordance with the said Authority’s Code of Practice for Day Boat Hire Procedures 2005.
- Boats are only hired to members of the public over 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to drive self drive motor boats.
- The Company reserves the right not to hire a boat to any person whom it considers is unsuitable to operate the vessel.
- No liability to the Hirer is accepted by the Company for loss or damage to the Hirer’s belongings
- No liability to the Hirer is accepted by the Company for injury to or death of the Hirer during the course of the hire or during embarkation or disembarkation. Hirers use the pontoons, quays and other landings on the river entirely at their own risk.
- The Company will:-
- Instruct the Hirer how to operate all safety and other equipment on board the boat and instruct the Hirer how to operate the engine but the Hirer uses the same at their own risk.
- Ensure that the boat and its equipment are in a functional state during the hire and that there is sufficient fuel for the hire.
- Make available buoyancy aids for all members of the party.
- Take advance bookings only on the condition that no refunds will be made unless the contract is cancelled by the Company in the event of high winds, bad river conditions or if the boat is unavailable due to breakdown. Rain alone is an insufficient reason for the Company to make a refund.
- The Hirer will:-
- Use the boat in a manner which is consistent with the rules of navigation and shall at all times take into consideration other users of the river whether in boats or not.
- Not use the boat after dusk (no hire boats are licensed or insured for use after dusk).
- Be responsible for extra hire fees if the boat is late in being returned for any reason except if such lateness is caused by failure of the engine or of equipment in the boat, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of their hire fees in the proportion affected by such failure but no further compensation unless the Company has failed to take reasonable care.
- Ensure that all members of the party comply with these terms and conditions.
- Be liable to the Company for all damage to the boat, its contents and equipment caused by the Hirer’s unreasonable behaviour or misuse of the vessel.
- Return the boat after hire in the same state and condition as it was when it was hired. If the Company is obliged to clean and tidy the boat as a result of failure of the Hirer to comply with the Terms and Conditions then the Hirer shall pay the Company a reasonable fee for such extra work.
Boating can be Hazardous. While the Company has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the vessel and in the provision of safety equipment, the Hirer is responsible for their own safety, the safety of third parties affected by their actions and the safe return of the vessel. The Hirer will be liable to repay the Company for any loss or damage to the boat or its equipment caused by the action or negligence of the Hirer.